September 12th, 2009
I had scheduled a doctors appointment for that following Monday to get the pregnancy confirmed. I walked in and filled out some paperwork and they sent me down to the lab. After a pretty long wait, they sat me down and took a vile of blood and off we went. They told me to call back in 24 hours to get the results. I was so frustrated haha. 24 hours?! Couldn't they just go run their little test and come back in 5 minutes and tell me the results?!
Kyle and I grabbed some lunch and headed home. I waited about 3 hours from the time they drew my blood and called them back to see if the results were in, and low and behold, they were!
The lady on the phone confirmed the pregnancy and I was jumping up and down. According to my period and dates, I was 4 and a half weeks pregnant!!
Then the chain of doctor appointments began...
I got off the phone and scheduled a prenatal class at the Navy hospital down the street. Kyle came with me, but this appointment wasn't fun at all. We sat in a room with about 6 other pregnant women, all around 6 weeks preggo. It was a 2 hour class of nothing but paperwork. The class was basically to get my medical charts going. We watched some video on pregnancy and asked questions..nothing too exciting. We did however, set up our first ultrasound appointment for week 10! Now things are going to start to get fun and exciting!

No comments:
Post a Comment