Sunday, January 17, 2010

A no-show for my preggo glow.


As of today, I am 22.5 weeks pregnant. So a little over 5.5 months. Everything is going well health wise. The baby is perfect and is very active. We had our second ultrasound last Wednesday. It was so much fun to watch him now that he looks more like a baby, and less like a blob. At one point I saw him reach his hand up to his eye and rub it. He also opened and closed his mouth like he was sucking on a bottle or something. We also saw him grasp the umbilical cord and stretch out. It's so amazing to see him growing so big inside me.

At 22 weeks, he is about 11.5 inches long ( head to heel) And he weighed 1.1 pound. His heart and brain are growing perfectly. He is one active little guy. He seems to wake up every evening around 1830 and stays awake until I go to bed. He is now starting to wake me in the middle of the night, usually around 11pm or so. His kicks are getting stronger and more frequent. Not only can I feel him, but I just recently started seeing his kicks. Kyle hasn't gathered the patience to stare at my belly for more than 2 minutes waiting to see him move, but sooner than later, he will be stronger so it will be easier to see. Kyle can finally feel him moving however, which is very exciting. Everything is going perfectly in his little world.

Now I, on the other hand, am not doing so hot. I am starting to get more and more uncomfortable as each week passes by. I can't sleep at night since I am told to stay sleeping on my left side ( to prevent blood clots and to ensure baby is getting all the oxygen transported to him.) I toss and turn from my left to right side about every 20 minutes at night, since one side starts to ache. On top of tossing and turning, I am getting up twice a night to pee now. Also, my lower back is killing me all day, everyday. I had sciatica about a month ago, and depending on the baby's position, will continue to come back every now and again. My complexion is horrible, my face is breaking out like a 13 year old teenager. My stomach is growing hair ( not black thank goodness) that is long enough to braid it seems. I have as much, if not more, gas than a trucker. I have to shave every day now as opposed to every 4 days. I am starting to get acid reflux. My uterus is stretching so fast that some days I find myself walking around the house hunched over in pain. Pregnancy is not as glamorous as I always thought it was haha.

All the bad symptoms really mean nothing to me though. I am so happy and so blessed to have a perfect healthy baby that I will walk around as a hunched over, hairy, gassy and pimply girl for the rest of my life if I had to for him. He is my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment