The wait is finally over. We finally found out what flavor bun is in my oven! I couldn't be more happier that we are having a little boy.The appointment last Wednesday went very well. The Navy hospital had a few "polices" that royally pissed me off however.
Kyle and I got to my appointment and took a seat in the waiting room. The ultra sound tech comes out and calls my name. We both stand up to head back with her and she tells me, " Oh Mrs. Kelly, your husband is just going to have to wait here for a little bit while we take some measurements. Then I will come back out here and get him."
I figured she was just going to take me back to the room to check my vitals ( weight, blood pressure, pulse ect.) and then she'd bring Kyle back. The look on his face when she told him to have a seat was so sad...
Anyway, I head back to the room and she turns the lights off and has me climb up onto the bed to start the ultrasound right away..no checking of the vitals. I immediately ask her why my husband wasn't allowed back here during this since he is indeed my spouse, and the father of the baby growing in my tummy. She then tells me, " It's policy." Policy?! I haaatee when people throw the word policy at me. What the heck do you mean policy?! Anyway, the Navy chic decided not to explain it to me, and just kept telling me that after the baby's measurements were taken that she'd go get Kyle.
After about 45 minutes of watching the little one twirl around in my stomach, and of me continually asking her to go get my husband she tells me shes almost done and she just has to measure it's pelvis. She scans the wand thing over the baby's lower abdomen and I immediately look away.
Now, I have been " studying" ultrasound pictures and paying a lot of attention to what babies look like in the womb ( someday I would like to become an ultrasound technician) so I knew that if I didn't look away, I would be able to distinguish what our baby was, gender wise, before Kyle even had a chance to come in the room. I already thought I saw a glance of his little situation, and I would feel terrible if I found out it was a boy before Kyle. The stupid lady kept trying to tell me it was a boy before Kyle came in by saying, " I can see what it is, are you suuuurreee you don't want me to tell you right now?" She was REALLY starting to piss me off.
So she takes his measurements and then tells me my bladder is getting too full and that I should go pee and while i'm out at the bathroom, to grab my husband. Finally!!!
Kyle sees me come out of the bathroom and the look on his face looks so sad. I can only imagine that he thought I had the ultrasound and found out what it was without him. He immediately stands up and walks to me and says, " Jeeze! Were you taking a nap in there?!"
We walk back together and I get situated back on the table. She starts the ultrasound again. Every time she squirted the hot ultrasound gel on my tummy, the baby would kick. I guess he didn't like the temperature of it too much.
The nurse went straight between the legs of the baby and then we saw it. His little package was displayed in clear view. I looked over at Kyle, both of us ear to ear smiles before the lady even had a chance to say anything. She said," Congratulations! It's a boy. " There was no doubt about it that it was a little boy either. He sat perfectly still and gave us a great shot. The doc did say she " wasn't 100% sure " it was a boy, but I think they tell all patients that to cover their butts. There is absolutely no way you could confuse him for a little girl haha.
She started to print out an adorable side profile of his face. While she was printing them, I got to watch him lay there. He started opening and closing his mouth like a little fish. It was adorable and I was already swooning over his cuteness. Then she pulls the policy card again...She told me she can't print out pictures of his " gear" because " It's policy." I asked her to explain and she juts kept saying policy, policy, policy...This lady was really a pain in the butt. Perhaps she didn't know the answer as to why she couldn't print me a picture..she seemed to beat around the bush. I was getting upset so I decided to just accept it and move on. Darn pregnancy hormones leave me with no patience for people who are being difficult. Anyway..
I knew I was preggo with a boy this whole pregnancy. From day one I always referred to the baby as " him" and I had dream after dream about a little blonde haired, blue-eyed baby boy. Also, this pregnancy is messing me up big time. My stomach is getting hairy, my complexion is horrible, my cravings are for only salty foods. Now granted these are all wives tales, but deep down in my heart, I just knew it was a boy.
We are both so happy. Kyle is so excited that he is able to bring a boy into my family since majority of my relatives are female. That night we went to the BX and bought so many little boy clothes. It was so much fun! We haven't picked out a name yet...or a room theme...we're working on that currently. Now this pregnancy seems to be going very fast, it's time to focus on getting his room ready and getting the rest of the baby stuff we need!

No comments:
Post a Comment