September 10th, 2009I took the first pregnancy test at home around 10:30am. I sat there on the bathroom floor, stick in hand waiting for the results. After the agonizing 5 minute wait, I took a deep breath, and flipped the stick over. I stared at it for a moment, unsure. There was a very very faint positive, so I didn't know if I should get excited or not.
DeNae called back again, this time I answered. I explained to her how faint the positive sign was, and we both didn't know if we should scream in excitement, or be bummed out. I took some pictures of the test on my iPhone and sent them to her right away. She looked at them and we were stumped. I knew there was no such thing as a false positive, and I knew in my heart that I was pregnant. So I decided it was positive haha. I didn't want to tell anyone yet. It was another couple hours before Kyle would be coming home from work for lunch, and I needed to tell him first.
As most of you know, I am extremely impatient! I was talking to Kyle on google IM while he was at work, and I dropped some hints that I went and got a pregnancy test, and he was starting to catch on that it was positive. I knew I didn't want to tell my husband that we were pregnant over an instant message, so I threw him off and changed the subject.
Meanwhile I was trying to think of creative ways to tell him. A great story that we would be able to tell our child someday, something that we would always get a laugh out of. So I decided to take a hamburger bun, and I put the seasoned pee stick in the bun, and placed the bun inside our oven. Genius! I couldn't wait until he would see it!
Finally after a long 2 hours of waiting and keeping my mouth shut, Kyle came home for lunch. He walked in the door and I was pretending to be very involved in the TV show I was watching for I knew if I looked at him I would start smiling and crying. I sat there with a big bowl of fruit salad in hand, and told him that I was reheating his lunch in the oven. ( We had made burritos the night before.) He takes off his boots and walks into the kitchen. I am going crazy on the couch now, I heard him stirring in the kitchen pulling out a plate. I hear the over door open and then silence...Then I hear him say, " Uhh...." followed by his very excited laugh he does. I shouted from the couch, " What is it babe? Is there a bun in our oven? " and Kyle started laughing hysterically. I walked into the kitchen and found him just standing there, oven door open, with the hugest smile on his face. I walked up to him and the tears just started pouring down my face. He grabbed me and hugged me tight, still doing his excited laugh he does. Then BAM, it was all serious time...
We pulled out the test, and he saw how faint it was. He told me not to get too excited until we go to the doctors because he didn't want me to get all riled up about it, only to find out that it was a false positive. He was right, but I couldn't contain my happiness. We had lunch together and the only thing on my mind was baby, baby, baby. We headed to the gym later that day and I was hesitant to do any weight lifting. I did real light workouts. While running on the treadmill, I remembered that when newly pregnant, your hormone levels double every 48 hours. Also, I remembered that it's best to take a pregnancy test first thing in the morning. So before telling anyone, I would wait 48 hours to take a second test.
Two looonngg days pass by and each day I would tell Kyle I know we're pregnant, and each time, he tried to keep me from getting too excited. He didn't want to see my heart break if the next test was a negative.
We woke up early that Saturday, and I ran straight to the bathroom and unwrapped a test. It was a matter of seconds and that positive sign was bright and clear as day! I grabbed the test and ran back to the bedroom where Kyle was still laying in bed. He saw the look on my face and I kept saying, " omg omg omg!!" He saw the test and he knew it was all happening now. He kissed me and went straight to the phone to call him Mom. We both were so excited that we couldn't wait until the doctors appointment, we had to tell family now!
And the many phone calls began!

No comments:
Post a Comment