Kyle and I headed back to the states to visit family for Thanksgiving. It was a much needed trip and it was our first time being home for Thanksgiving as a married couple so we were very excited. Thank God I was over my morning sickness ( for the most part ) and so I was able to enjoy the holiday with my family. I was able to eat a nice full dinner without throwing it up for once! Wahoo!
The weekend after Thanksgiving we ( My mom, big sister, DeNae, Kyle and I )decided to head out to San Jose to register for the baby shower at Babies R' Us and Target. We started the day at Babies R' Us. It was so much fun but so overwhelming! I had the hardest time deciding on which brands to register for. We still didn't know we were having, so it was hard to register for only gender neutral items. We ended up spending over an hour in the store. The only thing Kyle and I disagreed on was which nursery theme to register for. Not bad, eh? I didn't care too much for the themes Babies R' Us offered. I planned on going online later that night and checking to see what else they had. After spending an hour or two in the store scanning until my little finger felt it was going to fall off, it was finally time to get lunch!
We headed over to the mall to Cheesecake Factory. I was so excited because I had been craving cheesecake for a good month at that point, and I had never eaten there. Thank goodness my appetite was back in full force. This Mama was ready to eat!
I topped off my carb-filled lunch with a slice of red velvet cheesecake...thankfully my sister helped me eat it. Way too rich!
We headed out of the restaurant and off to Target. I was beyond exhausted at this point. We get to Target only to realize they have the crappiest selection of baby products. (FYI, do not go to the Target in San Jose to register, ladies!) The registry process went fast however because there wasn't anything to scan. I headed over to the Christmas section ( as you know, I'm obsessed with Christmas!) and I started to look at different decorations I could smuggle back to Japan in my suitcase.
I stopped to look at cookie cutters and then it happened. I felt this crazy weird " vibrate" feeling in my lower abdomen. I instantly grabbed my stomach and looked up at my mom with a serious face and said, " What the heck was that?!" She looked at me in concern along with my sister and began to ask me if I was ok. I explained that there was a weird vibrating/rumble feeling in my stomach and my mom cracked a huge smile. She said, " That's your baby, honey." I started smiling and couldn't take my hand off my stomach. Why in the world would it feel like I had swallowed a vibrating cell phone I wondered? I could only assume it was the baby flipping around. The rest of that week I would feel the tiniest little pokes and flutters in my stomach, usually only when I was sitting down and relaxing. Also, after I ate a meal I would feel the baby squirming around. It is the most incredible feeling.
I am now 22 weeks pregnant ( as of tomorrow) and the baby is constantly moving. He/she has gotten drastically stronger and jabs me throughout the day. I love it! I have just recently been able to see it move. I was laying in the bath tub the other night with my belly poking out of the water like a little island when I saw it moving and making the water shake. Such an incredible feeling and sight! I don't really enjoy the feeling of it rolling around however. It makes me somewhat nauseous I guess you could say? The same feeling you get if you shove your finger in your bellybutton haha.
The baby seems to be most active after 6pm each night. I look forward to laying on the couch with Kyle while both of us put our hands over our sweet, little baby.

No comments:
Post a Comment