Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Moving right along!


35 weeks update: Everything is coming together, and we are getting ready for his big arrival! I spent the entire day yesterday washing Liam's clothes and blankets. I was having so much fun! Our house smelled so good! I bought Dreft baby detergent, so the whole house smelled like babies! Every time I would start a new load of laundry, I would catch myself watching his cute blue clothes spin around and around in the washing machine. Occasionally a little sock would float by, and I would catch myself smiling at it's cuteness.

I have Liam's diaper bag packed and ready to go. I got his diaper bag in the mail last week, and I couldn't help but fill it with diapers right away. I feel like such a mom already! I picked out his coming home outfit ( well, I picked out 3...) I am sure I will change his outfit several times before bringing him home, I can't wait to put all his cute clothes on him!

I have our hospital bag sitting by the door as well, almost ready to go. I can't pack everything in it quite yet because we use the stuff I need to pack every day. ie our shampoo, toothbrushes etc. I have packed my robe, socks, headbands to keep the hair out of my face, tennis balls in case I have lower back labor ( they are GREAT for massages ) and a few other small things.

We got our laptop up and running, so we are able to webcam from the hospital when he arrives. We also bought a digital camera yesterday to snap some pictures. I have a very nice camera, but you have to manually focus it every time you want to take a picture. We figured if Kyle had to focus every picture, he would lose lots of photo opportunities during the labor/birth. So we spent like $150 and got a very nice Canon camera that takes videos as well. I plan on keeping it in his diaper bag at all times. If you know me, you know I tend to take pictures of EVERYTHING. So, you can count on getting daily emails of Liam's cuteness haha.

As far as symptoms go, nothing new really is popping up. I am still getting contractions daily, but they aren't timeable, and they don't have a pattern. My cervix still gets shooting pains randomly throughout the day. I have an OB appointment today, so I may try to convince the midwife to check me to see if I am dilated or effaced at all. I know SOMETHING is happening in there, and I'm just curious. My hips have started to hurt bad, and I sense I will soon be waddling. I think Liam might be dropping since the hip pain is all of a sudden.

I have been extremely emotional lately as well. These 3rd trimester hormones are crazy! I feel like its the first trimester all over. I get frustrated over stupid things, which leaves me in tears. The other night I tried to put lotion on my feet, and I couldn't reach my foot without causing pain in my belly from bending over, so I sat there crying until Kyle saw me and helped me. I am able to laugh at it now, but at the time, I feel my tears are justified. Also, I have been getting nauseous after meals again...Not barfing though, just nausea. I am slowly getting to the point where I am done being pregnant, and I want to meet our little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment