Saturday, March 13, 2010

A trip I didn't want to take...

So here we are at 30 weeks pregnant! I can't believe that I am already this far. I have definitely started "nesting." I am on panic mode when it comes to getting everything ready for his arrival. Not so much that I am stressing out, just that I want to be able to relax the rest of my pregnancy knowing everything is set and ready to go.

I am becoming VERY uncomfortable these days. Sleeping is becoming more of a pain because I can only really sleep in one position. One weird symptom that will not fade is the achy upper back. It kills after 5 minutes of me sitting. I am assuming it is just my uterus pushing everything up into my ribcage, causing it to expand. One HUGE plus is that my acid reflux seems to have faded some this week! Tums hasn't been one of my major food groups this week, yay!

There is one thing that hasn't been the most fun...I came down with a cold a couple days ago. Having a cold while pregnant is not like any other cold. I have no immune system, nor do I have any energy to fight this nasty bug and it is taking me down hard. I sleep, on average, for about 12 hours a night since I have been sick, and I feel like I haven't slept in days. I noticed that it didn't seem like a normal head cold. My throat has been hurting, ears plugged and I have a headache. My sinuses are clear though. So later on today, I started getting this weird chest tightness that wouldn't fade. It got worse as I got up to move around. I started to worry, and tried to ignore it. I talked to Kyle about it, but I refrained from telling him that I was concerned, no idea why...I tend to shut down and keep things bottled up when I am concerned.

Anyway, dinner time came around and I had made pizzas. I heard Kyle open and grab a beer. I stopped him and told him he shouldn't drink, and that we may need to make a trip to Labor and Delivery tonight. My chest was starting to hurt more and more. He has never looked more concerned.

We both at dinner and I kept catching him just watching me out of the corner of his eye. After we ate, I changed to get ready to head to the hospital. I'd feel more comfortable if I got checked out by a doctor, and we both would be able to sleep better knowing all is ok. We decided to call the hospital first to talk to a nurse.

I told the nurse my symptoms, and she said there was nothing to worry about, and that it sounds like I just have the start of a chest cold...The aches in my chest are actually my lungs that have a viral infection in them. She told me to go get some tylenol and rest it out. She wasn't the least bit concerned. I tend to be a worry wart, especially since I have been pregnant. I don't want anything to affect Liam, and I didn't know if it was something wrong with my heart or what. So, no need to worry...just a silly chest cold..I have just never experienced chest pains like this when it comes to a cold. Kyle said he gets the exact same feeling when he gets a chest cold.

So we ran to the shoppette, got me some Tylenol and headed home. I had some warm tea and a smoothie and rested. Now that the stress is relieved, I am feeling better and anxious to get a good nights rest. I did NOT want to spend the night in Labor and Delivery! All is well for this preggo, that was our excitement for the night.

Off to shower and my big comfy bed for some much needed rest! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment