
Boy, oh boy, what a week this has been! I pretty much spent week 31 of my pregnancy on the phone with Labor and Delivery and the Ob/Gyn office. As you know, I came down with a chest cold, and a sinus infection at the same time. I have been battling that all week and finally started feeling better today. I talked to one of the on-call nurses on Monday, and she suggested that I come into the doctor to get some antibiotics. Since my immune system has been hijacked by my son, my body can't fight off a sinus infection as easily as it would had I not been pregnant. So, I head into the doctor's office today, only to be told that she doesn't want me on antibiotics now...ugh. Instead, she prescribed me Sudafed and Robutussin which I haven't felt the need to take today. So, today's appointment was pointless.
She did measure my uterus growth which is still at 31 cm. Liam's heart rate was 140-150 which is still very normal for him. I haven't gained any weight this past week. My BP was a little high though which is odd. I think I may have been subconsciously worried about the results of my Kidney test...which by the way is NORMAL!!! Thank you Jesus! So, who knows why there is protein in my urine? It could just be some random pregnancy related thing, who knows.
I am meeting with a Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist Doctor on the 2nd. My midwife still wants me to sit down with the doctor to talk about the protein in my urine i'm guessing. Who knows. My midwife is very cautious of any abnormality that pops up in pregnancy, and she would feel more confident treating me if I sat down with some random doctor to discuss the matter. I'm not worried, just military doctors being military doctors. Enough said on that topic.
I am officially uncomfortable at all times haha. Getting out of bed in the morning now takes effort and some grunting. I can no longer sit straight up, I have to roll out. Painting my toes is also out of the question. Looks like it's time for the hubby to learn the art of a pedicure. Liam is doing fantastic! He must be getting uncomfortable in there. He is stretching so hard, that at times I feel like I can grab hold of his little feet that are pushing up against my ribs. I can tell he is all folded up in there. His little butt is always pushing my belly out and making me lopsided. :)
Oh ya, you might be wondering what the title of this blog is about. Well, I had used a Victoria's Secret body wash twice last weekend, and woke up with an insanely itchy rash on my chest. I called labor and delivery and they said it was probably from the soap. Well the rash was getting worse after I had already stopped using the soap. The bumps were developing little white heads on them, so I called my midwife. She told me the same thing, that I have contact dermatitis, and it will eventually go away. Well, it was about 5 days after the rash started, and stupid me went to grab my Victorias Secret body spray ( in the same fragrance as the soap) and I sprayed the crud out of myself. Kyle said as I was spraying myself down, " Uhh...I bet you that is whats causing your rash. You sprayed it all over your skin.." I brushed off what he said and we headed out the door. Well, that was 2 days ago, and now my rash is back! Not as bad, but it has spread a tiny bit on my chest. So, I have come to the conclusion that pregnancy has made my skin super sensitive ( I have been using that body spray since high school!) and that I can no longer wear perfumes or sprays. I have resorted to using only sensitive skin products that have no fragrance. Given how hot it is already here, I assume I smell at all times hahah. At least my body isn't rejecting my deodorant yet! Also, I have learned to listen to what your husband tells you!
Holy Moley this blog is long, I apologize. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment