
I am finally part of the "preggo club." My very sweet neighbor who lives across the hall asked me if I was expecting today. She had said she saw me eating a few weeks ago and wasn't sure if I was or not. I couldn't help but laugh, of course she would see me eating haha. She was very excited to hear we are indeed expecting. She is an army wife who has a son of her own who is almost a year old. I was pretty excited too knowing that I don't just look "fat" anymore, and I actually look pregnant! Anyway, an hour or so goes by..Kyle and I were watching "Where the Wild Things Are" ( odd movie from what I have seen so far, kind of freaks me out...) when the doorbell rings. Kyle got up to answer it and it is the Army guy from across the hall. He had a blue gift bag in hand and said that him and his wife got a gift for the baby. He also mentioned that if we need anything at all, even hospital runs, not to hesitate to ask. Kyle and I were totally caught off guard and speechless. We have dealt with so many cruddy people on this base so far, that it's nice to run into good hearted people. I thought the gesture was very very sweet. :)
Anyway, thought Id share that story, it made me smile. On to preggo news. I had my 28 week visit a couple weeks ago. Everything is going very smoothly. No pregnancy complications at all. Liam is weighing in at almost 3 pounds now. His heart rate was 140-150 which is very normal for him. My fundal measurement is right on track, my iron levels are pefect. Everything is hunky-dory. I met my new midwife, and so far, I don't care for her very much. I had a list of pregnancy related questions for her, and she didn't really answer any of them. I found better responses to my questions from google. She is a very sweet lady, and I am comfortable around her which is important to me, but she doesn't seem very passionate about pregnancy/labor considering she's a midwife. I have another appointment on the 16th, so we will see how that goes. My weight is right on track too. At this stage, I should have gained anywhere from 17-25 pounds, and I have gained 17 exactly. I can thank my cravings for that one.
I have been craving nothing but fruit and nuts this whole pregnancy. I am absolutely disgusted by the thought of greasy, fatty foods. I eat a lot of fruit, yogurt, granola bars, salads etc. Kyle and I have been going on a 45 minute walk up a big ol' hill every evening too ( which kicks my butt!) so that is helping me keep the weight off as well. Kyle has been so incredibly caring and helpful this pregnancy :) I couldn't have asked for a better husband. He is always catering to me ( even though he knows I hate it haha) he's always asking me if I'm comfortable, he walks with me everyday, he rubs my belly when we're watching movies. He has the hugest heart, and I love him to pieces! He probably won't be so thrilled when he reads that I'm telling the world he's a big ol softy ;)
As far as symptoms go, nothing new to report really.. Liam is getting stronger that's for sure. His feet tend to favor the right side of my ribs. Every time I sit down, I have to gangster lean to the left and push on my ribs to get his little fit up out of there. He is still head down, and his head tends to always be near my left hip bone, so he lies diagonally in my tummy. He tends to wake up every night the second I lay down to go to sleep. He punches, stretches, kicks and squirms as I try to fall asleep. Kyle gets a kick out of it, literally. He always puts his face on my stomach to talk to Liam every night before bed, and he always gets a good kick to the cheek or ear. The only unfortunate side effect I am dealing with still is the acid reflux, and an achy back. When I sit, I get this obnoxious ache in my right rib cage. Almost like it's bruised, or like I have a knot in my back. I have been doing some reading, and I've read that if the baby has their feet constantly pushed up against the same spot over and over, it will make it tender. I will ask my doctor about it on the 16th.
Oh, real quick before I wrap this long blog up. I did my 28 week glucose test last week. It was a piece of cake! Everyone was trying to freak me out saying it's so nasty, and how they puked bla bla bla. I say they are a bunch of pansies! It tasted like a melted orange Otter Pop. I drank it, sat there for an hour, and they took some blood. I haven't heard back from the lab, so I am assuming no news is good news? High five for not having gestational diabetes!

No comments:
Post a Comment