Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Not-So-Fun Side Effects...

I am officially 27 weeks pregnant as of today! Today is also the start of my third trimester! It really is shocking to me. There are still days where I don't feel pregnant. Almost like it STILL hasn't hit me yet. There are certain times throughout the day that Liam lets me know that this is indeed all really happening to me.

The other day I was in the kitchen cooking up dinner, and I turned to face the stove, and my belly knocked the handle of the pot I was using. Definitely not used to that happening! Also, Liam likes to let me know that he is still in there by body slamming my uterus, strumming my sciatic nerve with his foot, or even tapping on my ribcage with his toes. :) He is definitely getting bigger and stronger! I love it!

Last night was not the most fun, however. It started out with the worst acid reflux I have experienced this whole pregnancy. I am definitely going to have to ask my midwife about this next week. The acid reflux is getting so bad ( usually only at night ) that it is causing me to cough really hard, and it is now making the back of my neck feel prickly. I noticed it gets worse at night when I drink a lot of water. Also when I go to lie down to rest. So, my bedtime ritual has been 2 tums followed by a glass of milk. I have had to resort to sleeping sitting up for the most part too...

It wasn't just the acid reflux that started my night out bad. I was on my way to the bathroom to get ready for bed. I coughed ( thank you acid reflux) and I pee'd myself...I thought that only happened in movies! Liam is sitting very low, and he is probably using my bladder as a pillow. I didn't fully pee myself, don't worry haha. But none the less, it sucked.

Finally I get in bed, and I'm trying to get comfortable and I coughed again and I got a horrible ripping feeling in my lower uterus. It was just my round ligaments stretching/being tugged on when I coughed, but it brought tears to my eyes it hurt so bad.

I had finally fallen asleep around 10pm, and woke up to a full bladder. I sat up to drag my butt to the bathroom, and realized how achy my ribcage was! Now THIS was preventing me from getting comfortable to sleep. Just when I thought I couldn't be any less uncomfortable, my feet started to cramp up. Kyle was joking around and told me now if I could just get a Braxton Hicks contraction, my night would be complete! haha

I try not to complain, because I know all of these symptoms are minor, and really have no comparison so what I get to go through in a few short months. Last night just seemed ridiculous so I decided to share haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment